God's power is mighty as witnessed through his people. I was greeted by the staff at Watermark Community Church by nothing but hospitality. I'm the new staff guy, but everyone on the 8th floor (where we office) treated me as if I was the the new senior pastor. It wasn't just the fact that everyone initated to meet me over the three days, they had a laptop ready for me, or an office with my name on the door. It was more that they had ordered a computer 2 weeks earlier so that It would be ready for me when I arrived on Monday, they had made my name plate days earlier, and people like Beth kept stressing that she could order anything I needed in my office. I would have been fine with a table in the hallway. I mean I have been officing in the back of a Starbucks with a community desk and computer with a dengy keyboard. Hello, the Watermark office has a huge office with a crazy view, a clean desk and a computer. What else could I ever need? So, to all the extremely organized Watermark staff thank you for the warmest of welcomes.
I've never had an office, much less with a view. So, have you ever looked out at the buildings that surround you. All of the time that has gone into planning the building's landscape, architecture, plumbing, and construction. I have remodeled a house, so I know just a little bit about how much time goes into construction or remodeling something and it’s hard for me to think about how many man hours have gone into just the buildings that I can see from my new office window. Literally their are hundreds, thousands or million of man hours that have been put into these structures. However, there is a huge difference between man hours and power. Within a tenth of second all of these man hours could be brought to shambles if the Lord chose to. He could lay ruin to everything we see in a blink of an eye. That’s POWER. To think of the power of a man made atomic bomb doesn’t even begin to compare to the power of the Lord. That same power according to Acts 1:8 empowers the church through the Holy Spirit and that’s just crazy to think about.
1 comment:
tell us about the new job!!
Post a Comment