Monday, August 06, 2007

Some pizza, reality, and fun!


Pizza at a famous brookyln place..that is actually steam in front of Ashley's face ....Loved it and loved the conversation with the girls!
The weather on this day was unseasonable. It was in the 60's ....needless to say that shelly and I didn't bring one long sleeve item. So we were bumming Ashley wear!


Ground zero. It was a rainy day..people are quite in the whole area..buildings still coming down around the area...one building they are trying to get down-but they keep finding bodies. Seriously sad....I cried again.




Okay..so did I mention that after hours of trying to get on "Regis and Kelly", "The View" and "Letterman".....we finally got on one! Yes...we saw the Letterman show in person! It was a cool process. They are serious about you having a good time while you are there. You have to clap like your life depends on it-even if it is not funny! Anyway, we had a break from the time we got our tickets till the actual show so we went to the Hello deli..and got a grill cheese and met Rupert Lee. He is famous! I mean everyone was coming in that TINY deli and getting their picture made with him- and he is exactly as you would expect. His wife was soo sweet and just smiling the whole time. It was a fun experience. I recommend that if you got to NY you try to get on this show b/c it was the easiest one to do. All the others you have to stand in line and hope and wait. At Letterman you fill out a sheet of paper they interview you (just talk to you) and then call if you get in! Easy...no standing around forever! Also, it is in timesquare so there is a lot to do! Ashley couldn't go b/c she had already been and you have to wait 6 months to get in again. Great time!






3 comments:

Deonne said...

I'm impressed with all of this blogging. Looks like you all had a great time! Cute pics! You are a sassy mama! Love you!

rodgersrocks said...

Wow!!! What a great time you had. I so glad you got to get away to the Big Apple...Our time in bacl in Big D with Jackson was SSSSSWWWWEEEETTTTT!!!and Rob turned into the Hulk of Blogging or something like that!!! He wants to be bigtime up there with Deonne! Almost a family contest who can get to the blogging post first! What fun! You kids make me laugh and fill my life with sooooo much fun and pride! Love, Mom

benrod007 said...

All I have to say is that the Grinder Men rock! I can't believe I missed out on that experience. I am so gald yall came- I had so much fun! Definitely some fun experiences with my last tourisits!