GIRL!! yes! So here is how the sonogram went down.
Right when we got in they asked so do you want to know the sex...."YES" we replied. Then she said okay let's see here. Well- it looked like a pee pee to me at first glance...and the sono lady said yes..it is a boy....Then about 1 minute later she says...well- no it is a GIRL! And then hesitates again! By this time rob and I are exchanging looks then I am like well- regardless is everything else looking normal. She then agrees to look at the other organs and measure to see if the baby will move so she can get a better look.
All is well with the organs ...thank goodness because honestly at this point I just want to make sure whatever it is is growing normally- and it is. I thought I was at 22 weeks but the baby is measuring at 21 weeks. They say that is normal. I just had them check my records from j's pregnancy to see if he did the same thing and he did....when I was 20 weeks and had a sono with him he measured at 19...so I am thinking that my babies grow more toward the end of my pregnancies. I mean with J the doc told me right before I had him that I was going to have a small baby around 5-6 pounds...well he was 7.1 lbs. So- here we are with baby girl (we think) at 22 or 21 weeks gain of 9lbs.
Other details:
-she was in a breech position and wouldn't move in the sonogram. Doc said that this is normal b/c they move around alot.
-she had her face pressed up against one of my organs and so they couldn't get a good look of the face b/c of that and b/c her hand was covering her face. She must be really humble!HAHA
- I did see the femor, arm and spine really well and they looked good!
- my great doc said she would slip me into another sonogram next visit to double check on the gender....she said just remind her!
- More on gender issue: she said (sono tech) that for girls they look for the sandwhich- 3 lines (yes you can laugh) and we definitely saw that 3 times. So the sono is thinking that the supposed pee pee is the embilical cord- b/c the baby would not open up after that.
- The final word from sono tech was that she is 99% sure it is a Girl- but don't paint the room!! I mean what do you do with that?!!?!?! So we are thinking it is a girl and when I go in on Oct 23rd..maybe baby girl barry will confirm her identity...until then I am NOT working on the room!:)
-My thoughts: of course I am excited about a girl! She may not wear as many bows as her cousins but her dadddy confirms that he is excited about dresses and clips. I am just blessed and in awe of the whole baby process. It truly is one of the most amazing things that God has allowed me to expierence.
Pray for continued growth and a healthy delivery!
7 comments:
CONGRATS BARRYS! I am thrilled to hear about your healthy baby GIRL!
SOOOOOO Excited !!!! For Pink or Blue!!! Hang in there, Little Darci! Love, Grammie
PS....on my way to find a pink dress!!
Congrats~!! How exciting! I'm glad you're feeling good and she is healthy! I can't wait to meet her soon! When is your due date?
We are SO excited for a little GIRL cousin to go along with our sweet little boy cousin!! Give Jackson kisses for us! :-) And don't worry Darci...Aunt Deonne will hook you up with some BIG bows! Love you all!
Hi Leslie,..long time, I know. I still check up on you every now and then though. A GIRL!!! This is too fun! Congratulations! Miss you! Love, Katie
Wake up baby Darci!! We need to confirm that you are in fact a girl. We have lots of shopping to do if you are : ) Can't wait to meet that sweet baby in January!!!
Thanks all for the comments! we are due around Jan 28thish....and getting excited about girly things..it will help even the score in this home!:)
Post a Comment