Monday, March 19, 2007
Today I felt "cool"
Yes..I did. I felt sooo cool to be a mom. This whole expeirence opens such a new world that sometimes I just laugh out loud....because I am still so amazed. Like today, I went to "mommy and me" day at the Arboretum. I meet some friends, with their little buddies. I just thought "hey it will be the girls and the little guys just going and hanging out"....I had no idea it was a ligit "mommy and me monday". I mean pulling into the parking lot was nuts! I had to park on the gravel parking lot- which I didn't even know they had. Their were about 7 parking guys showing this line of cars where to park. I got out and asked the guy "What is going on?".....to which he replied,"It's Mommy and Me Monday". "It's like this every Monday." I am sure he was laughing inside at me b/c then he said, "Are you a first timer?"......I mean how funny is it that a young guy with a florescent vest and a orange flag is laughing at me, with my almost one year old, and asking if I was a first timer????!?!?!? It was like I came in a spaceship and landed right in the middle of mommyville and didn't even know it. To which I replied...."yep we are".....Proud as ever. I then looked to my right and left and saw TONS of strollers, moms,babies, toddlers, bags, cell phones, sippy cups, cameras, jogging outfits, and big sunglasses. Seriously, it was a scene straight out of some movie...the masses of moms was insane. I was soo excited! I mean I felt like "this is soo cool!" Have you ever had that feeling...like when you where somewhere at the right place at the right time and not missing out on life? It was really cool! Sometimes, I say things outloud or do things out loud about life when its not appropriate....like during rush in college when I laughed out loud at the skit in one of the top sororities b/c I thought it was funny when they were being serious.....yeah, well today I laughed (not in a you're goofy way- but again in a- that's "cool" kinda way) at the moms I saw and probally stared in amazement. My friends that I went with do these sorts of things all the time....so they are used to it...but I told them I thought it was funny. So, I guess I am easy to please and being a mom with Jackson is fun and definitely "cool".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope to see you at lots of these cool mommy and me events:)
Post a Comment