This past 2 weeks has been eventful. First off Jackson said the word "dut" referring to the rubber ducky in his bathtub....very eventful...especially for the speech path in me! He also waves at mostly everything. It is really sweet.
Second, Rob and I went out on a date to the cheesecake factory. I may have already written about this-but that just shows that it really was special to me. Rob and I were still and talked and ate. We discussed all the restuarants we used to eat at regularly before mr.j came. We also discussed our possible future....which is fun!
Finally, there has been a nursing strike in the home. Jackson went from feeding 3x a day to nothing in one day. (Now this is when some of you who think that nursing is gross and unatural can stop reading.) I thought gees...he is self weaning. That was fast. But soon after he stopped taking the bottle, and the sippy. HMMMM...how does a baby get liquids at this point. Well, Rob and I had to spoon feed him milk. Somewhat annoying and scarey for us. I was worried. So I looked on-line about weaning. Then I came across a nursing-strike. Babies under a year typically don't self wean. It is usally due to a problem either with the mom or baby. OH gees...my mind went racing...but to spare the details-basicly Jackson is getting 4 teeth at one time. Teething is one of the reasoning a baby would go on strike. Well, my son was on a strike from drinking anything from anything....so at this point I just wanted to get some liquids in him. I tried some of the suggestions, and the one about standing up and moving around while feeding him with a bottle worked! So he is now drinking again...oh- he cries...but at least he is getting some liquids. So I am pumping my milk and giving it to him and just seeing how it goes! He is such a sweet baby and that is a lot of teeth at one time. Way to be Jackson! I am just pround that he is taking the bottle!
3 comments:
I just love the Barry family!
Rob it was great to see you the other night. Thanks for the time... I know with all you have going on it was a sacrifice.
inviting you to my blog...
Ross
http://web.mac.com/ross.strader
I was so excited to see an updated blog! It sounds like you guys had a good time. A date is something that we are in serious need of! I'm proud of you for doing that! Poor little Jackson...I hope those teeth come through soon. That can be so miserable! Give him kisses for me! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment