Thursday, November 30, 2006

And then THANKSGIVING turned into CHRISTMAS!
So while we were visiting my dad...at Thanksgiving...we decided to have Christmas the next day. You say HMMM...Leslie "did you have any gifts?".....I say "NO!".....However, it didn't look possible for us to get back to see them before Christmas. So there we were.... with time together,Jackson eating wrapping paper, Emmi getting toys, Rob and I opening presents. Rob and I did however make a quick stop at the "Bucks" to grab some coffee gifts...I will send more later- but it was fun.
I have come to realize that I honestly just want to see everyone and now have everyone see Jackson. It's not fair for me to hog all his cuteness all the time! :) Seriously...my whole life I have juggled holidays between my parents and then you get married and throw in another family. WOW! That's a lot of family and expectations. I probally get more emotional about it than I should. I just want to see everyone and be everywhere....But guess what...I'm not God and can't do that. So I just keep on keeping on and that's all I can do. Why does a couple of days a year make for so much emotion? Shouldn't we be thankful on Thankgiving and celebrate our Savior on Christmas......so much more easier said than done.

One year- I just want to take a vacation on the holidays...I mean a Real ONE- with food made for you (juicy steaks), massages, a maragarita or mexican beer, chips and salsa, entertainment (concerts, theatre and dancing), no stress workouts (yoga, walking in a pretty park, water sport-not to hard core!), eating chocolate and drinking good coffee, seeing a site you've never seen before (some part of history) and of course spending this time with family and friends! I guess that will have to wait until Heaven......and that doesn't even come close to what is in store there. Gees- I think that I am pretty easy to please- so my mind will be blown away in Heaven.....another topic for another day!
God Bless the HOLIDAYS!

2 comments:

Deonne said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for coming to see us. Jackson is such a little pumpkin and is growing too fast!!! We can't wait to see you again at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful family.....He is adorable....Wait until you have 5.....Aunt B.