Friday, August 11, 2006

I started work this week! It was sad to leave sweet Jackson. I had my first day back on Tuesday. I couldn't even talk when I left the house because it was just so sad. Granted Rob was with him- but it was still sad that I was leaving him. Really, if I just don't think about it or say anything then I won't cry.....so I just thought about therapy ideas, my new room, working with my sweet friend Katie, and anything else except my most precious son. I know that the Lord has more control than I do and I just need to rest in that and trust- easier said than done. Jackson has survived this first week. Thanks to my sweet husband, grandma Suzie, and aunt Mitzi! It took an army to cover 3 days! Oh well- we will have it more worked out the next couple of weeks! I really do enjoy my job and find it challenging. I even get excited at meetings with other therapists talking about new ideas to help little buddies- so I am thankful for my job - it's just different with the little guy involved. However- part-time is not a bad gig!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sis - that is so sweet... I know it's a challenge working w/ sweet Jackson at home but it's good that y'all are able to work it out to where he's always around family! I'm so proud of you and the sweet momma you are growing into... we love and miss you guys already! p.s. - GREAT pic of Jackson smiling... what a lovable personality!!

Anonymous said...

i didn't even know you guys were bloggers, i don't even really know what that means, but now since i've been here does that make me a blogger too?
-mike

Anonymous said...

alan saizs...lately i am having problems with wanting to cry when i open my truck and there is emmi's half eaten apple..with her little teeth marks in it...or when she leaves her dolls and empty yogurt in the living room..i just think of her "littleness" and how it turns to "biggness"...luv

Anonymous said...

It turns into "bigness" as Alan says.....quicker than you can blink your eyes!!! Absorb every second of every day with joy and love in your hearts and many hugs and kisses!!! Love, MOM