THE 4th ON THE LAKE.....A GRAND TIME FOR THE BARRY FAMILY!
Yes, we just got back from spending 5 days in Austin on Lake Travis. My sis-in-law, Ashley, her parents have a place there. The Messersmiths, Ashley's parents, are generous enough to allow my whole family to go up there and relax and have fun! We are blessed to have them in our lives. Anyway- It was a time of being on the boat just wake boarding, skiing, and listening to music. The water was really low....this would seem like a bad thing- but really it was nice because we had the lake pretty much to ourselves. My brother, Ben, and Ashley are so good on the wake board. Rob and I can hold our own, no fancy tricks just trying to stay up and going in and out of the wake. Rob hurt his ankle this trip, so he had to stay off of it more than he would have liked. However, he is recovering like a champ and will be up and running in no time. My Mom played tennis everyday. She would get my tired butt out there on the court to hit balls for two hours in the blazing sun! My mother just couldn't get enough of it! She should join a tennis league because she is an animal out there. Anyway- my skills are a little rusty but I am trying to get back into the swing of things when it comes to sporting activities. Ashley took me to her trainer (a couple of days before the lake) and I had a great workout...mind you that I was a huffing and puffing but felt good afterwards. Just getting back into the swing of things!
The sweetest part of our trip is of course our sweet baby boy. He did really well. He got a couple mosquito bites- I freaked more than he did. He also got to hang out on the party boat and he loves the wind on his face. He has grown soo much lately. He is pretty vocal and coos ALOT!! He is almost about to rollover! He is halfway there- he just rolls to his side and stops. After all the lake fun, I was out of it for about 2 days. Literally, I was pooped out! Now I am feeling better.
Hope you had a good fourth weekend and got some time to just chill!
No comments:
Post a Comment